- 1 December 2020 - 3 December 2020
- London, UK
- Oceanology International (OI) offers the world’s leading forum where industry, academia and government share knowledge and connect with the ocean technology and marine science communities. Oceanology International’s world-class exhibition and conference help bring together marine professionals, businesses and organisations to improve their strategies for measuring, developing, protecting and operating in the world’s oceans.
Echosounder data processing using Echoview
An Echoview training course is not just about Echoview! It is about echo detection using active sonar (echosounders) and how to process echosounder data for a range of scientific applications. Our goal is to provide you with the skills to understand your single-beam and/or multibeam echosounder data, and to process it efficiently and accurately using Echoview.
We offer a range of training options so you can pick a course that best suit your needs:
- Online or face-to-face
- Public or private
- Fundamental or Advanced
Public course pricing and schedules for a variety of time zones are listed below.
If you can’t find something to suit from the schedule and/or you're interested in a private course, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s work something out!
- Online (5 days)
- USD 1200/person standard rate
- USD 900/person student rate
These prices include delivery of a timed Echoview license dongle and a download link for the course materials.
Optional extra – USD 100/person for delivery of a printed and bound Learner Guide and a USB stick with the course materials.
- Face-to-face (5 days)
- USD 2,250/person standard rate
- USD 1,750/person student rate
These prices include a timed Echoview dongle for use during the course, a printed and bound Learner Guide and a USB stick with the course materials.
Advanced courses are currently online only.
- USD 200 (2-hour course)
- USD 300 (1-day course = two 2-hour sessions)
- USD 500 (2-day course = four 2-hour sessions)
Optional extras – USD 100/person for delivery of a timed Echoview license dongle; USD 100/person for delivery of a printed and bound Learner Guide and a USB stick with the course materials.
Scheduled public courses
Fundamental and Advanced public courses to suit a range of time zones are listed below.
If a registration link is not yet available for a listed course, please email email@example.com to submit your interest.
- May 18-22 – Online (CEST, UTC+2)
- June 01-05 – Online (JST, UTC+9)
- June 22-26 – Online (CDT, UTC-5)
- August 17-21 – Online (CDT, UTC-5)
“Better come correct” – Echosounder characterization (instrument calibration) and data calibration
- July 07 – Online (CEST, UTC+2)
- July 09 – Online (CDT, UTC-5)
- July 14 – Online (JST, UTC+9)
“Clean sweep” – Data cleaning (unwanted samples, variance, noise, signal attenuation)
- July 16-17 – Online (JST, UTC+9)
- July 21-22 – Online (CEST, UTC+2)
- July 28-29 – Online (CDT, UTC-5)
“Stay on target” – Target detection and tracking (point targets, volume targets)
- September 08-09 – Online (JST, UTC+9)
- September 15-16 – Online (CEST, UTC+2)
- September 22-23 – Online (CDT, UTC-5)
“Classified information” – Target classification (point targets, volume targets, the bottom)
- October 06-07 – Online (JST, UTC+9)
- October 13-14 – Online (CEST, UTC+2)
- October 20-21 – Online (CDT, UTC-5)
“Count on it” – Target characterization (echo counting, echo integration)
- November 10-11 – Online (JST, UTC+9)
- November 17-18 – Online (CET, UTC+1)
- November 24-25 – Online (CST, UTC-6)
Meet us at the following events: