Links of the month: September 2020
1 October 2020
Read the publications from the Echoview user community for September.
We'd first like to focus on the following paper co-authored by Echoview Software’s Haley Viehman:
Applying two active acoustic technologies to document presence of large marine animal targets at a marine renewable energy site
This research combined single and multibeam echosounders to efficiently detect large targets, such as sharks and marine mammals, at a marine renewable energy site. The proposed methodology could be used in future environmental assessments of this developing sector of renewable energy technologies.
- Investigation of the use of the EK80 CW during acoustic surveys on board Tridens
- A decade of marine mammal acoustical presence and habitat preference in the Bering Sea
- Small pelagic fish and zooplankton in the Dutch coastal surf zone during the EGS-II survey in 2017-2018
- Distributional patterns of humpback whales (Megaptera novaeangliae) along the Newfoundland East Coast reflect their main prey, capelin (Mallotus villosus)
- Ontogenetic diet shifts with potential ramifications for resource competition in a kokanee–Mysis diluviana system
- Spatial and vertical bias in down-looking ship-based acoustic estimates of fish density in Lake Superior: Lessons learned from multi-directional acoustics
- Evaluation of unmanned surface vehicle acoustics for gas seep detection in shallow coastal waters
- The effect of cold pool variability on zooplankton dynamics of the eastern Bering Sea shelf
If you have a paper you would like us to feature in a future news post, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.