Links of the month: May 2020
1 June 2020
Read the publications from the Echoview user community for May.
- Drivers of concentrated predation in an Antarctic marginal-ice-zone food web
- Do bigheaded carp act as a phosphorus source for phytoplankton in (sub) tropical Chinese reservoirs?
- Adult sockeye salmon assessment in a tidal, turbid river: A comparison of sonar and test fishing methods
- Capelin (Mallotus villosus) availability influences the inshore summer diet of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) in coastal Newfoundland
- From coast to slope: Zooplankton communities shift in the Northern Alboran Sea
- Antarctic krill (Euphausia superba) aggregation types and affecting factors around the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica during austral summer-autumn 2018
- Feasibility of hydroacoustic surveys of spawning aggregations for monitoring Barred Sand Bass populations off southern California
Finally, we'd like to focus on the following report authored by Echoview’s Haley Viehman:
Integrating hydroacoustic approaches to predict fish interactions with in-stream tidal turbines
This project used hydroacoustic data collected from stationary and mobile platforms at a tidal energy test site in the Bay of Fundy, Canada, to improve our understanding of how fish use high-flow tidal channels and to compare different data collection approaches.
If you have a paper you would like us to feature in a future news post, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.