Echoview 9 beta now available for download
13 March 2018
Echoview 9 brings an exciting range of new tools and algorithms designed to advance your data processing capabilities and make analysis easier and more efficient.
This beta release is a great opportunity to test and experiment with the new features prior to the full release of Echoview 9. We recommend that beta versions are not used for crucial data processing, as some functionality and calculations may not yet be fully verified.
We strongly encourage feedback on usability and reporting of any bugs that you may encounter. Please send details through to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New features include:
- Automatic creation of transducers when data is added to a fileset
- The ability to combine data based on frequency, even if transducer numbers change
- Sticky notes can be used to add tips and pointers in the Dataflow window
- New and improved operators for manipulating and enhancing hydroacoustic data:
- Wideband Frequency Subset, for use with Simrad EK80 systems, which allows you to suppress data from outside a defined frequency band
- Wideband Frequency Select, for use with Simrad EK80 systems, which extracts the echogram for a single frequency within the frequency range of a wideband acoustic variable
- Calibration Subset, to extract the pings in single- and split-beam echograms that use specific calibration values
- Line Range Bitmap, to find pings in which the depth of a line falls within a specific range of values
- XxYxZ Convolution, for smoothing and improving multibeam data
- New statistic types in the XxY Statistic operator settings
- Threshold Offset, a virtual line operator to detect submerged vegetation, ringdown, surface bubbles, layers, turbulence and more
- A new export for the analysis of backscatter attributed to submerged vegetation
- Improved and customizable region class symbols
- Relative file paths for data file locations
- EVD file format compression options
- New COM methods:
- GoToPingRange, GoToPing, and GoToRegion
- ExportSingleTargetWidebandFrequencyResponse, and ExportSingleTargetWidebandFrequencyResponseForRegion
- Three new multibeam target detection properties which can be helpful for the classification of individual targets
- The Analysis by Regions exports can now output results in database mode as well as spreadsheet mode
- New features for Simrad EK80 wideband data processing:
- Wideband frequency response results for single targets can now be exported for a region, selection, or the entire echogram
- School detection is now enabled on wideband Sv echograms
- Echoview calibration (ECS) files now accept the semi-colon character as a delimiter for table-type wideband settings
- Support for:
- Simrad EK80 data recorded at a reduced sampling rate or stored in power/angle format
- Kongsberg EA640 data files
- ASL Environmental AZFP pitch and roll measurements
- Reson 1008 depth records
- NMEA strings IIGLL, GPHDT, PASHR, GPHVE and GPATT
A full list of what is coming in Echoview 9 can be found on our latest release page, or on the “New in Echoview 9” help file page that's installed with Echoview 9.
Echoview 9 is available to all license holders with an up-to-date MATS subscription. To find out if your subscription is current, contact email@example.com.