Echoview 11 beta: now available for testing
19 February 2020
Echoview Software is excited to announce the beta release of Echoview 11, which introduces a broad range of new features designed to increase processing speed and boost your workflow.
We are also pleased to report that Echoview 11 will substantially improve the depth and efficiency of your hydroacoustic data post-processing, regardless of your processing methodology.
Echoview’s beta releases are the perfect opportunity to test and experiment with new features prior to an official release. We recommend that beta versions are not used for crucial data processing, as functionality and calculations may not yet be fully verified.
We welcome feedback on usability and reports of any bugs that you may encounter. Please send details through to email@example.com.
New features in Echoview 11 include:
- The Calibration Assistant: a tool for calculating sphere calibration results
- New single target graphs to display major-axis beam compensation, minor-axis beam compensation and off-axis beam compensation versus uncompensated and compensated TS
- A major boost in performance across many processor and time-intensive tasks
- New distance mode options for single beam school detection
- Real-time data visualization and analysis for more file formats
- Custom grid lines and labels, and improved color legends
- Ability to change more Variable Properties on multiple echograms at once
- Optional and moveable labels in the color legend to show data type and units
- Line and operand drop-down lists now offer a search filter and sorted list results to make it easier to find the variable you need
- Even more Variable Properties can be changed when multiple variables are selected in the Dataflow window
- New color schemes Inferno, Magma, Plasma and Viridis based on matplotlib colormaps for better visualization of continuous scalar data
- Further extension of the Command Interface to support EV File Properties, and other improvements
- Multiple variables can now be exported to EVD format when using COM
- Improvements to the Details dialog box
- Whitespaces have been removed from headers and cells in exported CSV files
A complete list of what we’ve added can be found on the “New in Echoview 11” pages in the help file that's installed with Echoview 11.
Echoview 11 is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, and can only be installed on 64-bit editions of these operating systems.
The licensed features in Echoview 11 will be available to all license holders with an up-to-date Maintenance and Technical Support (MATS) subscription at the time of the official release, but the beta version can also be tested by license holders that have access to Echoview 10. Anyone can download and test the beta version in demonstration mode.
To find out if your MATS subscription is current, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.