Behavior & Ecology
Echosounder and sonar data can provide unrivalled spatial and temporal information at the level of individuals (e.g. fish, krill), aggregations (e.g. schools, layers) and intervals (in space and/or time). Echoview® provides a wealth of powerful yet easy-to-use tools, algorithms and operators for identifying and characterizing these levels in your acoustic data.
As the world’s most comprehensive, flexible and trusted tool for bioacoustic data processing, Echoview enables you to:
- Detect and track single echoes (single target detection and fish tracking)
- Estimate fish size (either directly or indirectly)
- Detect aggregations (schools detection)
- Delineate your data in space and/or time (using lines, regions and grids)
- Create new echograms (virtual variables) by combining mathematical calculations from over 145 operators
- Visualize and synchronize acoustic and video data
- Characterize individuals, aggregations and intervals in terms of their position (in space and time), morphometry (e.g. school shape, track tortuosity), acoustic energy (e.g. target strength, Sv, NASC) and environment (e.g. water depth, pycnocline depth, bottom type)
With the paradigm shift to an ecosystem-based approach to managing aquatic environments, Echoview provides you with robust behavioral and ecological metrics from your acoustic data.